Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Day 3: Finally some sunshine!

Today I was able to dry the flats outdoors.  Hooray for sunshine!  It's been really rainy the last few days so I've been doing all the drying indoors.  

The diapers dry a lot faster in the sun.  Today I even have extra clean ones left over and the little guy's in bed already.  I'll have a total of 5 flats to wash in the morning -- the 2 he was wearing before bathtime and the 3 he's wearing to bed.

I'm curious to see how the weekend goes.  Friday we will be visiting the aquarium 2 hours away.  So 4 hours in the car and at least 3-4 hours at the aquarium.  Saturday my husband and I celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary so we're going out to dinner and leaving the kids with a babysitter.  I'm thinking I might be kind to her and put him in a pocket stuffed with flats.  

I think tomorrow I'm going to strip my other diapers.  Since it's an all-day rinsing affair, I think it's perfect for a day when I'm handwashing the diapers he's wearing.  I may just use flats and handwash in the future whenever I strip my stash.  
It was so hot this morning, there was steam rising off the wooden fence in our backyard.

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a fence steaming o_O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either! Wild, isn't it? I thought it was smoke at first and wondered why the neighbors were BBQing at 8 AM. :)

    ReplyDelete